LocationToronto, ON, Canada
Full stack developer with focus on simplicity and elegance, building around user experience principles.
A keen eye for design; listener, observer, problem-solver; occasionally psychic!
If I had to pick, my virtue would be prudence and my sin would be sloth.
Some things I believe in:
2016 - 2021: Lead Developer, Stepworks
- Drive development efforts for both internal initiative as well as client-facing projects
- Develop digital solutions to problems from conception, development, testing, launch, and maintenance
- Offer support and recommendations to creative team on digital aspects
- Improve workflow between and within teams by establishing processes and employing best practices
- Develop SOPs and other standards
- Regular knowledge sharing session to keep the team abreast of the latest trends and practices
2012 - 2015: Digital Developer, Fluid HK Ltd
- Work closely with designers and technical lead to develop solutions based on project needs
- Compile technical specifications for project needs
- Provide recommendations from a UX and development perspective
- Manage and maintain work by 3rd party vendors and freelancers
2010 - 2011: Web Developer, Creasians Company Limited
- Attend client meetings, discuss and recommend solutions
- Develop and implement said solutions; ranges from simple HTML-only to e-commerce websites to event RSVP systems
- Interaction design for web elements based on design/layouts
- Manage and maintain web/email hosting services for clients
- Liaise with external contractors and maintain out-sourced projects
- Provide support and troubleshooting for clients
2009 - 2010: Multimedia Developer, Atomic Sushi
- Build and develop websites based on design/layouts
- Develop tailor-made CMS solutions based on requirements
- Writing documentation/user guides
- Assist in client training with various backend systems
2003 - 2007: B.Sc. Computer Science, University of Toronto, Canada
1999 - 2003: A level, South Island School, Hong Kong
Hong Kong based app-developer-turned-digital-solutions company to revamp/rebrand themselves to more than just building apps.
fluid [re]framed campaign 2015
Campaign website designed to take the user on a journey through various challenges in the modern digital age. See how users react to thought-provoking problems and situations and participate in discussions driven by insights.
Credit: fluid hk
Hong Kong Polytechnic University School of Design 2013 - 2015
In collaboration with a Dutch agency Studio Dumbar, the PolyU SD website is built to serve as the central hub for information and collaboration from programme details and events information to student profiles and projects. The comprehensive system allows the school and departments to post news and info as well as allow students and staff to manage their own profile and projects.
Credit: fluid hk