Neon Death Pact
Based in Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Press / Business contact:
NEON DEATH PACT is a post-cyberpunk puzzle game about diving into six dead android brains, recovering their fading memory cubes, and then using them as the building blocks of a story.
It’s a single-player experience about connecting with others, a robot game about humanity, and a small place to play with some big themes.
In an alternate future full of analogue tech and light pseudoscience, Neon opens with a crisis -- the death of six androids. You control an android-brine surgeon who has seven days to find out exactly what happened.
To complete this task, you must dive into the minds of six dead robots, manipulate and traverse their neural islands, and resurface the fading memories lost inside.
Neon’s gameplay is a two-storey intersection between story and mechanics. Downstairs, you’ll solve puzzles to collect memory cubes, upstairs those cubes are your physical currency for pushing the fiction forwards.
In 2016, UK_Ben pitched Neon to Xbox and Creative England in their indie initiative, Greenshoots. After being selected to receive funding and ID@Xbox support, the team formed in 2017 and began building Neon for Xbox ONE and PC.
Working remotely from the UK, Hong Kong, and Australia we’ve prototyped, iterated, and scoped a game that we'll ship in 2020. We’re a multidisciplinary team of full- and part-time folks working together for the first time. Our current and past roles include creative agency design and UI/UX, scriptwriting, game design lecturing, professional drumming, and solo game dev.
We’re currently preparing for a Kickstarter campaign in 2019 with fundraising goals focused on paying our part-time people for more of their time, language localisation, and more platforms on day one.
The gods of given names mock us, here's our team:
Benjamin Hall | game direction | UK
Ben James | production | Australia
Alex Driml | programming | Australia
Sherin Siew | operations | Hong Kong
Alex Bedwell | audio | UK
- DIVE INTO THE BRINE | Short sequences of block puzzles, split into layers and collected as dives.
- EXPLORE THE BRINERY | Neon’s hub environment; a junctioning between-place where Fiss builds her story.
- DO SCIENCE IN THE LOOM | A cramped lab space for refining memory cubes with whimsical science contraptions.
- PLAN | Rotate and manipulate the dive layers to see past perspective tricks and glyphic encryptions.
- MOVE | Enter memory cubes to explore the neural islands and find pathways to extraction castles.
- ENEMIES | Evade neural guardians like Cubetakers and Sighthouses - they’re there to keep the cubes buried.
- 6 WORLDS | Neon’s six android brines behave like worlds - each presents its own mechanics and motifs.
- STORY-SELLING | Broker truth to techo-factions, deliver a fiction exploring post- and transhumanism, otherness, and selfhood.
- ORIGINAL OST | Soundtrack by AUTUMNWOLF. Main influences include brooding Burial beats, vangelis synthscapes, and roaring SNES classics.
There are currently no trailers available for Neon Death Pact. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Neon Death Pact. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
- "Well, I will *not* buy that game."
- UK_Ben's maternal Grandmother, Rachel Maver
Game Design, Art, Words
3D models, Animation, Production